Saturday, May 21, 2016

This Is the Type of Person You Should Be Dating (It's Science!)

Posted by Insurance Site Information. Category:

This Is the Type of Person You Should Be Dating (It's Science!)

No one should be shamed for what they wear while exercising. It's hard enough to muster the motivation to yank on workout clothes and actually head to the gym.

But that's exactly what happened to Jenna Vecchio. (Unfortunately, she wasn't the first person to be publicly shamed in a gym this week.) A supervisor at Movati Athletic in Ottawa, Canada, said her tank top made fellow gym goers and staff uncomfortable because it was too revealing. The crazy thing? Her black tank top looked like every other razorback tank you've seen. Check it out for yourself:

Body Image: Jenna Vecchio Facebook PhotosPhotos: Jenna Vecchio/Facebook

Vecchio was rightfully outraged and posted this message on Facebook:

I am a member of Movati Athletic Club in Orleans, ON. Today I was instructed by a supervisor at the club that my tank top was inappropriate dress and is offensive to both the staff and other members. That at Movati they have a dress code stating only appropriate gym attire and modest clothing is to be worn. I will start by saying my tank top was no different than many other women's tank tops at the club, except my chest size is much larger in appearance in comparison to my frame than many of the other women. After asking every woman at the club whom I could find on the way out if my attire offended them and they responded no, it became clear that the only ones offended were the two women supervisors working at the club today. I pointed out to them that my shirt was no different than any other woman's shirt. They informed me that it did not matter, that due to my chest size I could not wear a tank top. I felt humiliated and discriminated against due to my figure. I was singled out, and it is unfair to say I cannot wear a tank top and other women can! Different figures means different rules? I would like to bring this out to the public! If tank tops are not allowed at the gym for me because of my chest size then all women should not be allowed to wear tank tops regardless of size.

The athletic club stood by its decision in a statement to BuzzFeed Canada, saying Vecchio was "dressed inconsistently with [their] code of conduct" and claiming the photos she posted on social media were more modest than she appeared at the gym. They also said the shirt wasn't the issue; it was her "lack of coverage."

The irony here: The gym's tagline is "Feel welcome, feel healthy, feel comfortable." If only the gym could practice what it preached.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Footer1

FOOTER 2

Footer 3